Isn't it funny how some kids just seem to be born with fears. Jake seems to have a bunch and I thought they were learned but he hasn't learned them from me. It started with the kitty, and since he can deal with that sometimes. But now it is bugs, maybe it has something to do with one time there was a huge spider downstairs and the kids and I were screaming when we were trying to kill it so now when he sees one he gets a blank look on his face, says ah and points as he backs away. Jeremiah got a encased dead huge nasty spider from Papa from his trip overseas, for some reason it is still sitting on my counter and if I show it to Jake he runs away. Jeremiah was given a couple bugs encased in resin that Grandma's aunt gave her and it was lying on their bathroom floor, Jake loves baths and goes running for the tub once I say bath, but that made him stop dead in his tracks and he wouldn't walk around it. Then I bought some of those mechanical pool fish on clearance, Charisma used to love them in the bath, but Jake he's OK, he pushes them away if they get too close but once I turn it on he wants out of there as fast as he can. So tonight we were at Hobby Lobby just walking around looking at things while we waited to pick up the older two from Awanas. We went into the Christmas section to look at all the lights on the trees and then we got to Santa. He's not a fan!! He screamed, and it was a statue with hair! So I guess he will be skipping the trip to see Santa this year.
I am tempted to get a bunch of encased bugs and Santa's and put them in the drawers and pantry and other places I don't want Jake in making a mess but that would probably scar him for life!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Fears
Posted by Lisa at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hahaha I love the part that you wrote you wanted to put them in the places you dont want him to go! AWESOME... I think that kids are just born with these things and we might make them worse or better... I know I TOTALLY made mine worse : (
I love that you would put them in places you don't want him to play! I should find something my Jake is afraid of and keep him out, too.
Post a Comment