? ??????????????Eminem? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (470 Ratings)??5 Grabs Today. 16074 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????????In
The City? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??4 Grabs Today. 881 Total Grabs THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Character Study

Jeremiah had to do a Character study for his final project in school, he chose his favorite book, Huckleberry Finn. He needed a visual and a short skit. I helped him with the visual, I did the guys, he did the canoe and oars and we worked together on everything else. I was going to leave the guys bald but he insisted they have hair so I used thread for Huck and yarn for his friend Jim, it was tedious work but he was happy. When I was putting the yarn on Huck I had it long so I could get it on easier and then cut it, Jeremiah complained about the length, I told him I would cut it but it would be a longer style, he wasn't keen on this but I told him that if he was out on an adventure he wouldn't have time or access to get his hair cut. He then told me Tom Sawyer brings Huckleberry supplies and he brought him scissors for times when his hair was out of control!! I laughed at that and told him to find it in the book and show me, if not it was staying longer...it stayed longer!
For his skit he sat and wrote it all by himself, I typed it up and did some slight editing but not much at all.

The Fog

Huck Finn:
Hi, I’m Huckleberry Finn, a 13-year-old boy. I have traveled the mighty Mississippi to get to the Free Country, where there are no slaves. By my side is Jim, a slave, who is black of course; this is the early nineteenth century in America’s Deep South. On our way up the Mississippi there was a fog and at the time Jim and I were on different boats.
Oh No! I’ve lost Jim in this Fog. I wonder if he is OK. Although I’m tired, I need to find Jim.

Narrator:
After awhile Huck falls asleep, when he awakes some time later he sees Jim.

Huck Finn:
Hey Jim wake up.

Jim:
Huck is that you?

Huck Finn:
Yes it is me! I can’t believe it, how can I see you in this Fog?

Jim:
The Fog is gone Huck.

Huck Finn:
Wow, I must have slept four hours!

Jim:
So have I. What did you dream about Huck?

Huck Finn:
The Free states. What about you?

Jim:
My Family.

Huck Finn:
Of course you did.

Narrator:
They start back on their journey up the Mississippi towards the Free States. On their next stop they come across a snake scale. Jim thought it would bring bad luck, but it didn’t.




0 comments: